a la marzocco classic, re-imagined
In crafting the Linea PB, Piero Bambi refined and sharpened design elements and fine-tuned performance features that made the Linea Classic a specialty coffee icon. The Linea PB, designed by and named in recognition of Piero Bambi, introduces a new level of performance, reliability, and craftsmanship that carries the Linea into the future in a manner that is familiar, yet also fresh and new. The Linea PB features the iconic La Marzocco polished stainless steel body, updated with simplified lines and a lower profile, equipped with exclusive, user friendly interface software that gives the barista direct functional control over boiler temperature, brewing volume, hot water tap dose, auto-back flush as well as other options.
- Saturated Groups: ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Dual Boiler System: separate boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated Boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Eco Mode: can be programmed to enter stand-by mode, improving energy efficiency.
- USB: making it possible to update firmware.
|Model||Height (cm/in)||Width (cm/in)||Depth (cm/in)||Weight (kg/lbs)||Voltage (VAC)||–||–||Amps Service Required (A)||Standard watts (W)||Optional watts (W)||Coffee boiler (L)||Steam boiler (L)|
|2 Groups||53,3 / 21||71 / 28||59 / 23||61 / 134,5||200 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.||380 3 phase.||–||4600||–||3,4||7|
|3 Groups||53,3 / 21||95 / 37½||59 / 23||77 / 170||200 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.||380 3 phase.||–||6100||–||5||11|
|4 Groups||53,3 / 21||119 / 47||59 / 23||117 / 258||200 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.||380 3 phase.||–||8000||–||6,8||15|
This new conical valve system assures progressive control of water flow and pressure via an internal orifice, before applying full pressure. The paddle valve controls pre-infusion while the volumetric pump is working at full pressure, allowing the barista to perform pre-infusion on one group while the other is extracting coffee. This dynamic system allows the barista to reduce channeling for a more balanced extraction.